Thursday, February 26, 2009

ONE MORE DAY!!

Since the day of my graduation on the 21st all the way up till today, been feeling lots of different feelings! Watching my dad and mum cry at my graduation really encouraged me (: Not in a sense of me being gleeful at the sight of my parents crying but that I knew that as hard as it was for them to see me leave, they were proud of me (: and they knew they had to release me (: This is a long way from the day I remember first telling them about God speaking to me to go into the mission field. They thought it to be absolutely ridiculous and one of the many outrageous things that I would suggest to them that I wanted to do. It was a difficult time for me to see how my parents didn't support me but just seeing them cry that day, I knew that God softened their hearts already. My parents said YES somewhere at the beginning of November and I can see God really moving in their lives! They took a step of faith to do something many parents would probably never do - allowing their little girl to be sent to a place where they cannot see but can only pray for me and allowing me to stop school for a whole year just so to obey the call of God on my life. They have been crying every time I'm prayed for on the platform! Forever will I thank them for taking this step of faith even though I know how difficult this is for them, I LOVE YOU MUMMY & DADDY (:

Wow, it's crazy when you consider how in just a day's time my life would completely be changed. It's not a 5D4N camp where I can come home if I didn't enjoy myself, that at least I would go home soon. 10 months! New bed, new home, new family, new church, new life but same God (: It is scary to think how I will be leaving all these behind for 10 months and yet this excitement I have that I cannot explain or express is bubbling in me! It's like this sadness and nervousness of taking this step of faith but knowing for sure in your heart that this is one step that I will never EVER regret. I want to know God like never before and I know during this 10 months, it'll be just me and God really. He'll comfort me in times of need and when I start to miss home and everything back here, He'll be the one to embrace me and give me strength and focus to press on (: Or when I start to get discouraged and question what in the world am I doing here, God will be my loudest cheerleader!

Will I miss home? Yup I will. But I am so honored and privileged to know that I can partner with God in this wonderful plan He has for the land of Timor Leste. To be able to just play my little role in His grand scheme of things. Sometimes God calls us to things so much bigger than ourselves, it can be ending a wrong relationship that you thought you will never make it out of, or a call on your life that you cannot imagine being fufilled through you or even just being a net leader this year! But when God calls, be sure that He will be faithful and give you sufficient grace to see you make it and come out victorious! He uses all those weaknesses and turns them around for His glory! When He works, He doesn't need our help! But what an honor that He would want us, these little dumb things that constantly disappoint him, to partner with Him. Sounds so funny, but knowing Jesus has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm not saying this lightly because I've KNOWN OF Jesus for coming 21 years but really known Him personally only when I was 14. The changes He has done in my life and where I am today is solely because of the continuing work that Jesus is doing in my life. Surrender is the toughest thing to do but once you allow God to take full control of your life, it'll be a life surely worth living!

Haha sorry I talk too much sometimes when I get carried away! Go crazy for Jesus and watch what happens! (:

1 comment:

  1. In less than 10 mnths, I'll finish my exams. In 10 mnths, I might have graduated alrdy. In 10 mnths, I'll see you again. (:

    Jiayou Gladys!!! (:

    ReplyDelete