Monday, February 2, 2009

3 more weeks!

This is probably THE latest time I've slept in a looong while but I only get to post one entry a week so I must do this! So the 3rd week of training has just passed which effectively means I'm about halfway done with my training in Singapore (: that also means I'm another step closer leaving to Timor! Really mixed feelings about it, it's a mix of - WHOOOPEEE! :D and whooopeee :( Really excited to leave so that I can get on the ground and do the work but at the same time to leave my Singapore life for 10 1/2 months! So it's confirmed, I'll be leaving on the morning of 24th Feb. Scary to think I only have 3 Sundays left, how quick!

But God has been doing some crazy amazing things :D Thank you to those few souls who actually read this and I apologise for the upcoming loooong post! Today after evening service, I met some of them from R11/12 to have dinner and we had so much fun! (: This is the nicest picture of the night!
Thank you esther, dot, desmond, joash and john (who was only here for today :( )! SYDNEYY!! haha, I miss those times tooo much I'm telling you!

Besides trying very hard to not fall asleep by amusing myself with transforming notebook papers to worm like creatures,

I attended very interesting yet controversial lessons, and even did house cleaning at the RMD's house (of which I cleaned my heart out and that my mum would be so proud of). It was really quite a nice place (: (okay, I used my phone to take these so I may not have really captured the beauty of the home)


mock fire place!!


so pretty! (:

Had fun doing that with the other girls from the 3/4 team, Jane & Pei Pei (: Amazing women who have such a servant heart towards the things of God and carrying such joy with them at the same time was very encouraging (: I'm learning so much!

This week has been a shorter week due to the Chinese New Year and it was also when I experienced some interesting reaction to me going to missions. The first person who spoke to me on CNY was my uncle, whom upon finding out that I took a year off to go into the mission field violently put the idea down as irrational and not clever (to put it nicely). I don't normally talk to him much but this time he really had a lot to say regarding this issue. Of course, I felt really hurt and was almost angry too. PERSECUTION!! Felt close enough to that and didn't react much too.
But I remembered talking to God and trying to calm down. I was reminded that they are not going to be able to understand it when we do crazy things for God, not because they are bad people, but because of the scales on their eyes that prevent them from seeing the Truth. But later on he suddenly became really nice again (: ha the amazing thing is the exact things happened with Joanna and Brendan too!

With Saula not around, as a team, we've been forced to step up in terms of prayer and devotions. It is hard to not have a leader on the team but it has been a lot of learning for us to live together and to lift one another up. I can see God really moving in everyone of our hearts and we are very excited to see signs and wonders in Timor! Healing and salvation will surely come to Timor because the same God that performed miracles in the New Testament is the same God we serve today! If it can happen then, why not today!

I've been so blessed in many ways (: On thursday night we were to visit a Divisional Overseer's House and so we went to the Wong Brother's house. We didn't expect much but we walked out overwhelmed. The food was of course GOOD :D swedish meatballs!!

The fellowship was amazing, we could sense a genuine love and care for us as a team (: I guess it does feel lonely sometimes as we train because we feel quite cut off from the world la haha. I won't deny that training has been challenging on many levels, emotionally and spiritually especially. But being with the family really encouraged us! With their prayers (and red packets! :p), it really lifted our spirits up and we left feeling really encouraged and blessed (:
Thank You Uncle Chee Keong, Aunty Juliet, Elijah, Tim & Jerry for hosting us! (:

One of the most memorable things that happened this week for me was attending the Bahasa Service on Sunday Afternoon. Before going, I was honestly not very excited. I knew I was pretty much going to sit there and let the Bahasa words float around me. But as we walked in and saw them worshipping, I could have just been so embarrassed about what I previously thought! It was basically like this - 1 classroom, 1 worship leader, 1 guitar and 8 people in the congregation EXCLUDING the gideonites. I, of course stood there not understanding a single word they were singing and was furiously flippling through the song sheet trying to figure out what song they were singing! haha. At the same time, so humbled by their worship unto the Lord. It was so pure and earnest. No need for a sound check or a full band. No need for every chord to be played correctly. No need for a stage. Just pure worship unto the Lord (: Makes me think about how even in church with everything to facilitate worship, people are still nonchalant about lifting their worship to Him. I am guilty of that too! Getting distracted by every small thing! But this is really the heart of worship, it's not about the songs or the people singing the songs, it's about WHO we are singing these songs too (: Because we serve the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, then we should worship Him with all our heart (: Plain and simple!


It was held at Chatsworth International School.



The lady in pink down the first row recognized me!! She said "Hi Gladyss!!" haha I think because she was one of my CW Kids' domestic helpers who always sat in my class! :D


cute kids HAHA


Not to us, but to Your Name be the glory! (:

2 comments:

  1. hey gladys..
    i found my way here! :)
    and babe, i'm really proud of you & excited for u at the same time!
    while reading through ur blog posts, tears just well up in my eyes, i feel the compassion you have for the people of Timor.
    jia you!to Timor, with love!
    <3,ee ling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *P dance*

    Interpretation:

    "You're not even gone yet and I miss you so terribly much already. :')"

    ReplyDelete