Monday, February 9, 2009

Never thought

Never thought I would be able to run every morning, but I did. Never thought I would be able to see the lights of 5am, but I did. Never thought I would be able to cook meals, but I did! (: Never thought I would be able fast (not eat for a whole day!), but I did. Never thought I would wash cars, but I did. (8 cars and 1 van to be exact!!)


In action!


Madeline & Jesse were so sweet to individually prepare a little token of appreciation for our hard work! (: Totally made my day (:

To be honest, all of the above are things I would have never done on a normal basis. So in a certain way, God is really taking me to places! (: Learning how to do all these things really is quite amazing! You do feel a sense of satisfaction too ha. Running in the morning is probably one of the hardest things. I quit floorball in JC because I really detested running and now I'm here, running every morning at 5AM!! Training a lot of my discipline. (which I sorely lacked!)

At the same time learning to face rejection in the worst way possible. During one of the street evangelism, we were quite sad already because we faced quite a number of rejections. We walked past a community centre and I spotted a whole bunch of line dancing aunties! I'm thinking to myself - THIS IS IT! At least ONE auntie will be saved! So I strode over with a stack of tracts in my right hand and go, "Hi Auntieesss.." and before I could say anything else, ALL 8 OF THEM TOOK OFF! "Oh sorry! My bus come already!" or "Oh sorry, I need to go home!!" I stood there, in a blink of an eye, it was an empty piece of land before me. Could have almost heard the crickets! Hurt.. HAHA not really, was very very amused more like it! So if anyone of you feel rejected when you go out to evangelize, take comfort that I exist.

Been very blessed at the same time to have been able to lead someone to Christ just as we went out to do door-to-door to invite people to Good News! Singapore. This young girl called Angel greeted us at the door as we opened and her heart was so open and ready to receive the Lord! So we quickly jumped on it and asked if she would like to accept Jesus into her heart and she said YES! We were ecstatic!! I was so excited yet nervous to lead her in the sinner's prayer and so just in case I missed out anything, after the prayer I was sure to explain properly to her what she just did (: God is in her heart and life right now! And many more will be saved too in Timor I'm so so excited! God has been putting into my heart His desire to see signs and wonders being accomplished in Timor through our lives and I am nervous but I am very sure that I will be able to witness the extraordinary! Not because we pray good prayers or because we are so spiritual, but because we serve a GREAT God who can work through anyone! (:

At the same time, I really am feeling so fortunate to be surrounded with people who have been so supportive! (: From Chilli Crab dinners (OH MY WORD I'M HUNGRY!) to gifts, I am really too blessed! Sis Helen, a lady from church, gave us little presents to just say she appreciates us and that she is behind us (: Completely made my day with a simple gesture (:

Charis Wong also made me some oreo cupcakes! They were delicious for the record Charis! (: Added some fun to breakfast! (:
ON TOP OF THAT, Estherf, Dorothy & Joash bought me a pair of strapped sandals things from Havaianas that I've wanted to bring to Timor!!! :D It was already not sold in Singapore and somehow, they popped into this shop that had a last pair left by someone who came to exchange their footwear and IT WAS MY SIZE! ALL GOD I'M TELLING YOU!! :D Thank You so much guys! (: I'll be wearing it often!

In about 15 days I'll be leaving for the land of Timor, but tomorrow, my dear friend Esther Wee is leaving for Melbourne to study. Been pretty hard to think about the reality of it happening. I have known her since I was in primary school! I remember when I switched schools in Primary 5, I prayed very hard to meet someone I know in the class because I was so nervous! LO & BEHOLD, I see Esther Wee in my class! Been through so much together since (: As we were going through 2008 knowing what could happen in 2009 with both of us separating, it was a very hard thing for both of us. But we knew God was bringing us in a different season together and we prayed hard for each other for peace and open doors (: God heard them all and we are really going our separate ways! She has been such a blessing to me and I am going to miss her so much, I don't even know how am I going to see her walk towards the departure gate :( Thank You Jesus for giving us such a precious friendship that we know will last a lifetime (: I LOVE YOU ESTHER WEE :(


It is never easy knowing you are leaving and seeing and knowing all these amazing things that God will be doing in Singapore. Youth camp, GC Conference, Reinhard Bonnke & our own youth conference possibly would be one of the many things I would be missing. Still is hard to think about it because I know for a fact how God would be moving in those places (: But I know that all in all, knowing you are in the will of God is the most contented place to be (: I know God has called me for such a time as this and making my dream of going to missions come true (: JESUS YOU ARE TOO AWESOME!

A little bit more of training this week - (:

Gorgeous young lady!


Jabie the live demonstration during our First Aid class on how to "unchoke" a choking person!
Brendan, Joanna & me: "Ermmm doctor, can you please show us again, we didn't quite catch it!" "Quick take picture!"
HAHA



Jane loves taking pictures!


A very common sight and pastime HAHA


THE TEAMS: 3/4 team to Remexio, Pei Pei to China & THE CORPORATE YOUTH TEAM!!

sorry it's another long post! :D

(:

"Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment